Parasites & Worms
About Worms in Canines
Dogs are subject to infestation by many types of worms (internal parasites), including:
Canine intestinal worms attach themselves to the lining of the intestine (the “intestinal mucosa”) and consume a dog’s blood for food. They also prevent your dog from absorbing nutrients, sapping your canine of it health and energy.
The most common types of internal parasites in dogs are roundworm and hookworm. Puppies are especially likely to get worms, as they can pick them up through their mother’s placenta or from her breast milk.
Dogs can also get worms from eating small rodents which have worms, or from eating contaminated feces. Dogs can pick up hookworm through the skin. A veterinarian can tell whether a canine has worms by examining the dog’s feces.
Symptoms of Canine Worms
- Your dog loses weight or cannot gain weight
- Your dog loses energy, becomes lethargic
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Swollen abdomen and rough coat (for puppies)
- Dark colored and particularly bad-smelling dog feces
What is GI CleanUp Gold?
This comprehensive herbal formula provides a natural way to assist your pets health and deal with unwanted organisms in the GI (gastrointestinal) tract. In addition, GI CleanUp Gold is a safe and effective way to help keep the gastrointestinal tract "clean" and healthy.
What is GI CleanUp Gold used for?
GI CleanUp Gold can assist the body's innate resistance to organisms in the GI tract. It can be used cyclically to enhance a dog's likelihood of maintaining a normal GI tract free of undesirable intestinal parasites that can be commonly contracted by canines.
*GI CleanUp Gold contains no Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) or Black Walnut (Juglans nigra). These ingredients are routinely added to intestinal worm formulas and can pose potential toxicity to your canine.
A note from our Veterinarian...
If you know or suspect that your dog has intestinal parasites, it is of great importance to take immediate action, particularly if your pet is still a puppy. GI CleanUp Gold is intended for non-acute situations and for use as a general preventative. Your veterinarian can assist you in understanding whether your canine is experiencing acute symptoms. Most common intestinal parasites in pets include roundworms, hookworms and tapeworms. Less commonly seen are Coccidia, Giardia and whipworms.
If you see worms in your dog's stool, it is a good idea to have a veterinarian perform a full health check on your pet.
Providing your canine with optimal nutrition is an excellent way to support the body's natural immune responses to all kinds of foreign invaders: bacterial & viral infections, fungi, yeast, microbes as well as parasites. A SARF diet is considered by many veterinarians to be a diet that supports an animals immune system and general good health. In addition, a good greens supplement like SPARK http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/spark-daily-nutritional-supplement-for-dogs-and-cats-200g provides additional nutrients tha support optimal health.
In addition to GI CleanUp Gold, be sure that your canine is taking a probiotic supplement to help maintain healthy immunity in the gut. Try Ultimate Probiotic to give your dog a "therapeutic" dose of beneficial bacteria: http://www.petwellbeing.com/products/ultimate-probiotic-with-prebiotics-for-dogs.
GI CleanUp Gold helps to support a healthy balance in the gut but each dog and situation is different. GI CleanUp Gold is an herbal supplement that can work to assist the body's natural resistance. It is not a drug product and the level of effectiveness for each canine can be evaluated by the pet owner and a veterinarian.
Can my dog take GI CleanUp Gold with medications?
Do not use with blood thinners. Absorption of drugs taken at the same time may have delayed absorption.
Does it come with a guarantee?
Yes! GI CleanUp Gold comes with a 90 day money back guarantee.
Why choose GI CleanUp Gold for your canine friend?
- Certified organic and ethically wild-harvested: Our formulas are entirely prepared from organically grown and wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every batch tested: Every batch of our GI CleanUp Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.
- It's Guaranteed: In addition to the superior quality of our products, you are also protected by our 90 day money back guarantee.
Who makes GI CleanUp Gold?
GI CleanUp Gold is made by PetWellbeing.com, founded in 2001. Our goal? To bring the wisdom and experience of our caring holistic veterinarians to your pet. When your pet is healthy; you're happy.
To fulfill our vision, our on staff, holistic veterinarians have developed formulas using time honored, traditional uses of herbs and integrated the latest scientific research. It is our aim to produce the best products for your dog that we can.